The Workplace Service Analyst, or Desktop Support Analyst will be part of the hardware team consisting of 5 other hardware support members and 1 team leader. On a “regular” day (after you have visited the coffee machine, of course) you are responsible for effective 1st and 2nd level support for issues coming from the business. You may assist with installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems, hardware, and software and related infrastructure in our logistics warehouse. The IT Workplace Service Analyst is the first point of contact for the business regarding various problems and questions, you are the “go-to” guy or girl! As our newest helpdesk IT’er you will be an important player within our high-tech warehouse, without you, the equipment can’t run smoothly.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Provide 1st and 2nd level technical IT support to onsite and remote end-users by solving moderate to complex issues
- Answering and solving support tickets in a timely manner regarding workstation hardware and software
- Maintaining and resolving incoming issues for our warehouse equipment (think scanners, mobile terminals, label printers, etc)
- Maintain and update documentation (yes, some admin work)
- Deploying PC software fixes, patches, updates and upgrades across multiple platforms
- Support IT special projects, including but not limited to: office moves (spoiler alert, we are moving sites soon!), data recovery, hardware and software testing, etc.
- Tracking, recording, and responding to moderately to highly complex tickets and requesting higher-level support to resolve
WHAT YOU’RE AN EXPERT AT OR HAVE TO OFFER
- You have finished an MBO/HBO (2-4-year degree) education within a technical field
- You have at least 2-3 years practical support experience within a logistic or production environment
- You are a customer related, independent, and enthusiastic person, with a “hands-on” state of mind.
- Basic network skills
- Comfortable and happy acting as act as an informal resource for team mates with less experience
- Fluency in the English language in speaking and writing, AND either Dutch OR German fluency
- Friendly and diplomatic communication skills to use when dealing with the business and the ability to drive processes forward in a timely and productive way