Technical support Engineer (Heerlen)
Our client is a leading protective packaging company with manufacturing facilities in Stevenage (UK), Herbrechtingen (Germany) and Heerlen/ Eindhoven (The Netherlands). We manufacture a wide range of innovative and sustainable packaging solutions that we supply to customers throughout Europe. Everything they do at Pregis revolves around our customers. Their ambition is to grow considerably, which requires flawless, consistent and reliable employees.
To support their Field Service team especially our French team, we now have an opening for a Technical Support Engineer.
General Purpose of the Job:
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for supplying first line support for customers throughout Europe by coordinating the beta testing of packaging systems. He acts as lead interface on support and solves problems with machines and formulates and implement proposals for improvement.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide first line support for customers throughout Europe within agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Interface between Field and Engineering: structured field feedback to engineering - engineering changes translated & implemented in field
- Solve registered interruptions of the machines and equipment; involve (internal or external) third parties when necessary.
- Accompanying on-site Beta Testing of (new) packaging systems, in order to identify and resolve potential problems associated with its use. Interpret results, report them and/or provide advice or feedback.
- Analyse complex technical information and develop clearly structured, easily transferable information/documentation.
- Assists in solving daily problems, suggest improvements to optimize process, handling and result.
- Intermediate vocational technical education with at least 6 years of experience or a bachelor degree with at least 2 years of experience in a similar technical position;
- Good communication skills;
- Flexible self-starter who is action oriented and can work independently with a strong customer focus;
- Ability to deliver creative solutions to customer problems;
- Experience with C4C and Microsoft Office applications is an advantage;
- Good command of French and English, all verbal and written;
- Weekly travel abroad is part of the job.
This is really a great opportunity for a driven ERC Technician that wants to be part of an ambitious organization and team, with lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our client is an informal organisation, where they challenge you and want you to challenge them. Your contribution will make a direct impact on the day to day operations. Our client put their people first, in line with their purpose to Protect, to Preserve and to Inspyre: we want them to feel safe and secure, we give them the opportunity to release their full potential and provide them challenging and rewarding jobs and career opportunities.
The position will start in Heerlen and will transfer to Eindhoven no later than Q4.
Salary: €29.330 - €41.900 gross per year based on experience.Print pagina