Mechanical engineer (senior) (Kerkrade)
- Do you enjoy working in the world of high-tech mechanical engineering?
- Would you prefer to work for a company that develops its own products?
- Have you always wanted to work for a company that stands out with its pioneering technology?
- Would you like to be part of a close team that is able to achieve major successes in a short space of time?
- Do you like a no-nonsense culture and a start-up mentality?
- Are you interested in the technology of the Brainport region (Eindhoven), but would you rather work in beautiful Limburg?
- Are you motivated to broaden your knowledge?
Can you answer one or more of the above questions with a yes? Then keep reading, because we might have a great new opportunity and challenge for you!
About our customer:
We develop and sell industrial inkjet printers that allow you to print directly onto products (so-called direct to shape printing). Unlike printers that print on paper, our machines actually pass physical objects through the printer. Examples include parts for tools, components for the automotive industry or, for example, housings for electronic components.
Our printers are large industrial production machines with the capacity to print millions of products per year.
We are a modern company and have all the (software) tools to develop our technology further and roll it out worldwide.
As a mechanical engineer, you are co-responsible for the entire mechanical design of the machines. You translate technical specifications into a practical design, often from scratch. You will not lose sight of issues such as cost price, manufacturability, and serviceability. This may involve a very accurate transport system or adjustment mechanism where the tolerances to be achieved are in the micrometer range. But less precise components, such as the machine housing, are also considered. The aesthetic design often plays a role in this as well. You also contribute to the concept development of a system and the modular construction of the printer. You document the design process in our knowledge database and you substantiate your design choices by means of manual and/or FEM calculations. You almost always work in a multidisciplinary team in which you constantly communicate with other team members in order to achieve the best result together. With new developments, you often also carry out tests yourself in order to validate your design and you supervise the assembly of the system. Between major developments, you also help answer questions from other departments such as sales, assembly, and service. In short, a very challenging and versatile job!
What qualifications do you bring?
– You have a mechanical engineering degree at HBO/WO level;
– You can work well independently and in a team, are proactive, and have excellent communication skills;
– You work according to plan and take delivery dates into account;
– You work accurately, in a structured way and you document your work carefully;
– You have a good knowledge of mechanical construction principles and are able to carry out manual and FEM calculations in the field of strength and stiffness;
– In addition to Dutch you also speak English;
– You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
What do we offer?
– Challenging and fun work environment in a fast-growing, innovative company;
– An appropriate salary and conditions of employment at least in accordance with the CAO Klein Metaal;
– Travel expenses and pension scheme;
– Full-time, 40 hours per week (fewer hours in consultation);
– Room for growth and development, if necessary with training courses;
– A place where your input contributes directly to the growth and success of our company;
Are you attracted by this technology and our ambition and would you like to achieve this success together with us? Then be sure to react quickly and send you response to the contact person at the bottom of this vacancy.Print pagina