Autonomous Driving System Architect (Eindhoven)
What you’ll do
- Define the architecture of an in-vehicle reference system for validating driving automation technologies.
Important examples of these technologies are map delivery and based vehicle localization.
- Technical lead the realization of this in-vehicle reference system.
- Represent TomTom in standardization working groups such as for example the ADASIS working group that develops the ADASIS V3 standard.
- Define map application reference architectures based on insights from automotive customer engagements. These architectures cover both the vehicle and the cloud.
- Determine related end-to-end driving automation usage scenarios.
- Document reference architectures and usage scenarios in self-contained documents meant for sharing with automotive customers.
- Support product managers and business developers in responding to request for quotes from automotive customers.
What you’ll need
- Background in an automotive system and software development, e.g. vehicle navigation and advanced driver assistance systems.
- Familiarity with automotive standards (e.g. CAN, ADASIS, and ISO26262) as well as navigation-related standards (e.g., NDS and TPEG) is regarded an advantage.
- Experience a system, an architect in agile and multi-disciplinary projects.
- Excellent communication skills; Ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical people, as well as internal and external stakeholders. Ability to document and present complex topics clearly and concisely.
- Eagerness to learn a lot of new things and continuously improve your skills
- Willingness to travel
Meet your team
We’re Autonomous Driving (AD). Our product unit develops, delivers and maintains products for advanced driver-assistance systems and automated driving – at the core of our work. Every day, we welcome new challenges, do world-class R&D and apply it using the latest machine learning and computer vision techniques. On our team, you’ll not only play a part in making autonomous driving a reality, you’ll transform the way people commute while boosting safety and comfort for everyone on the road.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.